Friday, February 29, 2008

Valdosta Update 2-29-08

They arrived in Valdosta, GA this morning all refreshed...after an entire night of driving! Well, maybe not refreshed, but totally excited and ready for a day of test and tune on the GSXR along with fresh new experiences. I hope they send some pictures soon!

I must have talked to Roger 10 times today, and if I wasn't calling him, he was calling me because he knew if he didn't, I would not leave him alone...nagging him via cell phone! (Bet he wished he hadn't figured out a way to charge his cell phone without his charger!!)

They didn't get many runs in - there were people and bikes EVERYWHERE (sheesh, wish I were there) - but she did manage to squeak out one 9.25 second run and several 9.3's. This is good, but tomorrow will tell the real tale. She will get two qualifying runs on the GSXR and a total of 4 runs on the Hayabusa (this is because she is running the busa in two different competitions - and it is for that reason that she did not test the busa today...that and the extra $75 test and tune fee!)

Practice ended at around 5:00 p.m. (EST) which allowed them to check into the hotel, get something to eat and get to bed early. I will be waiting ever so (im)patiently to hear how things go tomorrow, and of course will submit an update.

No comments: