Friday, February 15, 2008

I finished it!

I finally finished it - my January challenge book, Great Expectations, by Charles Dickens! It took longer than a month, but in my defense I did not begin reading until the 2nd week of January. And I am one of those readers that reads EVERY SINGLE WORD...otherwise, I am a SLOW reader. I get personally involved in my books.

Now what did I think of it? I didn't like it at all until around chapter 32. I read all the blog posts on http://www.dangerouslychallenge.blogspot.com/ thinking it would help me understand what my problem was with this book.
Wish I'd just stuck it out and finished the book developing my own opinion first. And yes, I did end up liking the book very much :) And, I even liked Pip before the book ended; not so sure about Estella.
So, my next read - February's challenge book - is The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison. And, I am reading it first...before reading what the others in the Reading Dangerously Challenge think!

No comments: