Saturday, February 16, 2008

Home!

Oh my - it is soooo good to be back home in South Texas. I was beginning to believe that no plane was ever going to leave the Evansville Airport to head south. In fact, I'd actually considered renting a car to drive home! AND Dad and I actually commented that maybe we could drive his van to South Texas together.

Even though it was midnight on Thursday before my head finally hit the pillow in my very own bed, I was up and going at 5:30 a.m. (I slept in an extra 30 minutes since I got to bed so late!)... then out the door and in my office before 8:00 a.m. Of course work was piled high, but I do work with the greatest people on the planet so it was a breeze getting things semi-organized.

I did pick up a new nickname since my return from the cold country. It is not uncommon for the boss to call me Cat which is fine since often we shorten his name from Erich to 'EMo' or even just plain 'E' - I suppose you could call this a form of 'shorthand-talk.' Anyway, since my icy encounter in southern Indiana I have a couple of new names - 'Ice Cat' and 'Frozen Cat.'

I don't think that I resemble a Cat at all, but do find the names an accurate description of me at anywhere between 12 - 32 degrees with ice and snow. I suppose the real reason Roger and I ended up in South Texas is because of our preference to 'not be frozen.' I also realize that it is not normally that cold in February in Indiana...it just so happens that it was that cold this time.

Brrrr.

No comments: