Monday, February 4, 2008

Things I've Done!


The Short List...

  1. Went to Hawaii - Oahu
  2. Learned to ride a motorcycle
  3. Crashed a motorcycle
  4. Drove a green car in a powder puff race at Corpus Christi Motor Speedway - finished 4th - never want to do this again
  5. Hiked to the South Rim at Big Bend National Park (twice) - a far, far distance when you are traveling only on your two feet
  6. Rode a horse to the 'Window' at Big Bend National Park
  7. Rode a horse in the Rocky Mountains for a very long time...ouchy!
  8. Went to Hawaii, then flew over to Kaui where Roger, Jen and I --->
  9. zip lined between mountain tops on Kaui - loved this and if I were younger could see myself as a zip-line instructor :)
  10. Snorkeled in Sharks Cove...this was not fun, but glad I did it
  11. Went white water rafting in Colorado
  12. Ran in two Beach to Bay Marathon Relay races
  13. Worked for 21 1/2 years at the same job - yikes! - where I made wonderful friends (Gayle, Jess, Kristi) :)
  14. Took a glider ride...where else - Hawaii!
  15. Quite my job after 21 1/2 years! Double-yikes!!
  16. Stayed in a resort hotel in Phoenix, Arizona (very nice...) The hotel had to be nice because it was 114 degrees outside!
  17. Hiked in a rain forest in Washington State
  18. Hiked in a rain forest on Oahu
  19. Toured and spent the night on the Queen Mary
  20. Toured the Spruce Goose in California - this was really great :)
  21. Went to Oahu...again (Hawaii is probably my favorite place to visit)
  22. Caught a great big fish in the Laguna Madre...and let him go!
  23. Rode on the back of a motorcycle to Big Bend National Park (a far distance)
  24. Worked in a plastics factory making catheters
  25. Laughed as Roger locked the keys in a rental car while in the deserted Sierra Madre mountains in California
  26. Went on a cruise from Galveston, Texas to Carmen del Playa - only got sea sick once!
  27. Toured the Myan Ruins in Mexico - this was great...giant iguanas were everywhere :)
  28. Went to Hawaii again - 5 times...so far :) That's right, I plan to go again...and again...and again
  29. Attended a lot of Indianapolis 500 Races, and a few Brickyard 400's, a few Pocono 500's, seen races in California, Texas (0f course), Talladega, Michigan and Charlotte
  30. Saw a whale while visiting Jen in Oahu (#1 best thing I've done and want to do again);

I've never been to New York, Las Vegas, or the Grand Canyon. I love trees. I think green and purple look good together. Daisies are my favorite flower.


2 comments:

Just Jonna said...

LOVE this list!!! what a neat idea! Stealing your idea for my blog =)

Cathy...Grammy...Cat...Mom...Sis said...

Actually...I kind of stole it from you! (From your 'Random things I want to do before I die' list - it's great!) And I considered doing one like that, but I am so OLD that it would be such a short list!!!!