Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thursday afternoon - Texas Mile less than 2 days away

Sprawled out on the living room floor chewing on a rawhide, Chance appears totally relaxed and completely unconcerned about the upcoming events of this weekend. He has had his dinner and his bath...and I am quite certain he is secretly planning a way to escape through the back door and roll in the grass and dust. Can't smell like a freshly shampooed dog for long if he can help it!

Roger has been working on the turbo busa, loading the hauler, generally preparing to head out to Goliad tomorrow around noon so he can get a good spot on the Mile. I am sure he is beyond excited and terribly anxious, as always before a big event.

Chance and I will be heading out after I get off work tomorrow - I am sure he is ready to see his mommy and will be happy to get back into his own yard and house next week...and I will be glad to shampoo the carpet after he has gone home!

Things left to do this evening include washing the hauler and the truck...we will have to record 'Lost' to be watched at a later date.

I am remarkably calm considering the weekend that is about to happen. Hope I can keep this demeanour throughout (not going to happen though!)

Upcoming April events:
  • Atlanta - AMA Dragbike competition April 4 - 6
  • Pediatric Brain Tumor Fund Raiser and bike show at Irv Thomas Honda - April 12 (of course we will have Jen's bikes and paraphernalia displayed in royal manor).

1 comment:

Just Jonna said...

soooooo...... what's goin' ON??????