Monday, March 17, 2008

The Power of Pink


I love pink. I do not 'say' it is my favorite color when asked, but it is a color that lures me. I am currently reading a book by Margaret Atwood called "The Cat's Eye" and in it she describes the power of the color pink. She says that "pink is supposed to weaken your enemies, make them go soft on you..." Hummm - never thought of pink as being a powerful color. She goes on to say that must be why it is used for baby girls. It must melt those daddy hearts...those same daddy's who brag about baby boys.

I remember when my drag racing girl was just a tiny baby. She had as many cutesy pink outfits as I could gather. Pink bows and ribbons in her hair, pink jammies and gowns, pink flowers scattered throughout. She certainly managed to wrap her daddy around her tiny pink little finger!

Maybe it is a good thing that Jen's race bikes are black with pink detailing. Intimidate those boys from the start! From frilly pink dresses, ribbons and bows to black leather with hot pink - how much more intimidating can that get?!

No comments: