Saturday, March 15, 2008

2-Wheel Tuner Magazine - April 2008 Issue

Check it out! My baby girl is in a motorcycle magazine!!

Funny thing happened when I went to Wal-Mart looking for extra copies of the magazine this morning. The young lady checking me out eyed me suspiciously as she scanned the 3 copies of April's issue of '2-Wheel Tuner.' She quickly thumbed through one of them as if she could determine why I needed 3 copies of the same magazine.

She took the 3 magazines and placed them in a seperate bag along with some chocolate-covered marshmallow bunnies (I just love the Easter season!) and held them until all other bags were placed into the cart. I asked for them (afraid that she would just toss them into the cart and possibly mangle the pages...after all, Wal-Mart is the same store that puts my bananas in the same bag as a gallon of milk). I told her they were special and wanted to take extra care with them. Questioning me further, I told her that my daughter was in the magazine. Of course she wanted to see and asked, "Oh! Is she a model?"

Okay, we all know what kind of models those motorcycle magazines have in them! "No," I said as I flipped to page 97 to show her the picture, "she is a drag racer!"

~ PROUD DRAG RACER MOM ~

No comments: