Wednesday, March 5, 2008

February's Challenge Book - The Bluest Eye

February's challenge book was The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison, book two in the Reading Dangerously Challenge. I desperately struggled with this book even though I went into it hopeful.

I love scary books, but make believe scary-type things that I think cannot really happen. Being raised in a very protected childhood environment, I found the things going on in the Bluest Eye families unbelievable, unacceptable and do not believe this to have been a common occurrence. If anyone begs to differ, please keep it to yourself!

Next up in the Reading Dangerously Challenge is Cat's Eye by Margaret Atwood, "a breathtaking novel of a woman grappling with the tangled knot of her life." I will give it a fair chance and if I don't like it any better than the other two books in the 'Challenge' will look for a GOOD book - a book with make believe scary stuff - when does that next Stephanie Meyer vampire book come out? Are we absolutely certain there are no more Harry Potter books yet to be written? And what about another Stephanie Plum bounty hunter book?

No comments: