Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Reading Dangerously Update


April's Reading Dangerously Challenge was "Transformations" by Anne Sexton.

Frankly I don't know what to think about this one. General comments - it can be read in one sitting...I love fairy tales, just not these. That said, I found some of them quite interesting, some distasteful, and some just plain weird. After reading her bio, I can almost see where she came up with this stuff. And that's all I have to say about this book.

Next up is Other Voices, Other Rooms, by Truman Capote. I have already begun this one and it is much more interesting. However, it has ended up at Jen's house (3 hours away) where she has been reading it! That's alright though, I'll get it back in plenty of time to finish for May's reading challenge questions, and will be able to get her input before making my final evaluation of this book.

In between stuff: I have preordered a couple of books (well, one is a CD to listen to while in the car...driving the 1/2 mile to work and home each day really leaves me a lot of time to listen to books!)

First is The Host by Stephanie Meyer which will be released on May 6th. She writes vampire books for teens, but this one is about aliens...right up my alley since I feel alien most of the time!

I also preordered the CD Fearless Fourteen, by Janet Evanovich. It will be released on June 17th. I don't normally order CD books, but thought this might be a fun one to listen to instead of read. May even force it on Roger during one of our very long drives to Jen's house some time. However, with the price of fuel, I may just listen to it while working on the laptop!

Oh! I almost forgot - I won March's Reading Dangerously Challenge with Cat's Eye, by Margarat Atwood! The prizes were fantastic and really want to thank Heather and Andi for sponsoing this.

No comments: