Friday, April 25, 2008

Don't let go!!!


Ferocious, persistent barking (no, it was yapping, definitely yapping) erupted from just a few feet away. I turned to see a small, yet adorable dog hanging out the window of the vehicle stopped next to me...luckily his owner was holding firmly to his little tail!

~ He looked something like this ~


The tiny guy perched his front paws upon the driver’s side mirror. One rear paw rested on the rolled down window sill, while the other hung free outside the vehicle. His little mouth was happily yapping away at the surrounding vehicles.

Oh how I wish I’d had a camera…oh wait, I did have a camera – but it was a camera phone and would not have had time to dig it out of my purse and snap a picture before the light turned green.

Then I pictured Grandpup Chance doing the same thing…of course this is never going to happen. First off, Chance weighed 150.2 pounds at last weigh-in at the Freeman-Fritts Veterinary Clinic & Shelter. Even if it were an 18-wheeler instead of my little Mazda 3 that Chance were hanging out of, I’d never be able to hold him up by his tail!

The light turned green and I made a left turn toward the office. The joyful little dog continued his persistent yap all the way through the intersection before entering into the safety of the vehicle.

I smiled broadly and laughed out loud all the way to the office, all the while trying to put out of my mind what could have happened if he'd lost his footing. Here's hoping the little guy has a firmly attached tail!

No comments: