Monday, April 21, 2008

Enchanted Rock?

What is an enchanted rock anyway? When I think of a rock, I think of a small grayish chunk of stone. Declaring the stone enchanted brings about a different vision. The first time I saw the Enchanted Rock I thought it was just a large...no, a humongous smooth rock that demanded my attention and begged to be climbed. What was so great about it anyway? What on earth could be up there that would make me want to do that? Well, I just dare you to climb to the top of it and ask that question!

From the top of the Enchanted Rock looking down

Resting place on the way to the top of the rock

Flowers grow on rock? These certainly did!

Bugs, bees and nature on the rock

Cave on the Rock
Hmmm...the arrow points down. Jen, you aren't really going down there are you?


Wait! Don't do it! How will you get back up?

Oh my...what now?


Here, let me throw the camera down...maybe you can figure a way out of there if you take some pictures!

****************************************

I want to climb it again next weekend, and the week after that, and next month, then next year...just to see if I missed anything. Somehow I feel it will be different each time I climb it; it has a personality that is ever changing (ha! we have that in common!!)

No comments: