Wednesday, December 12, 2007

"No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night"

4:00 a.m.

What is that noise? I awoke wondering if I'd slept through my normal 5 a.m. alarm. Nope - it was 4 in the morning. I could hear trucks...big trucks...cement trucks... Ah come on! It's 4 a.m.!

6:00 a.m.

Since I had been rousted from my sleep so early I decided to go to the grocery store (WalMart) across the road. On the way I found the noisy trucks 1/2 block away at the new yet-to-be-opened Holiday Inn Express. They are putting in the parking lot... Isn't that nice a Holiday Inn Express 1/2 block from my house...right next to the sign that says they are putting a strip mall in on what is left of Brookhaven Drive. Sheesh!

*****************

This is Texas for crying out loud - a State where the cattle outnumber the people...just not on Brookhaven Drive.

1 comment:

Andi said...

Hello from a former Texan! I was born and raised near Dallas but I moved to NC in May. Enjoying it so far, but I miss the Tex-Mex food.

Just wanted to welcome you to the Year of Reading Dangerously! It's good to have you with us.