Thursday, December 20, 2007

My Recycled Christmas

With all the hype about recycling and seeing some of the really neat things made from recycled products, I was pleased to see Calallen High School's Earth Club come up with these two Christmas recycling projects.









Now, I do realize that these projects do not stand up to recycling disposable diapers to be used as roofing material (I am totally impressed with whoever thought that one up), but they really are crafty ideas!
Sometimes my aluminum cans get recycled, but unfortunately most of the time they end up mixed in with the other trash. Once, years and years ago, I crocheted cut-up Mountain Dew and Dr. Pepper cans into hats which we wore to the Indianapolis 500 race...that was fun :) Even my mother-in-law wore one!

2 comments:

Just Jonna said...

This is the coolest thing ever! It almost makes me want to drag in all of Kate's collected cans and start building!!! 'almost'. =)

Just Jonna said...

You know, I don't want to poke fingers, but ... you haven't blogged in a while... =)
what are you up to???