Wednesday, November 28, 2007

It is the Season!

No Black Friday for me - Christmas Shopping - Gifts to buy for Grandboys…Done! Jen and I went to the toy store - Toys R Us - the day before Thanksgiving and found great things for the grandboys! I am so happy to have that task behind me.

Now, for the Christmas tree - yikes! Ever since I can remember it has been my duty to decorate the Christmas tree in our home. Where did I go wrong? How is it that I hear these wonderful stories from friends and family about the decorating of the tree. And honestly, I do remember decking out the tree many years at Grandma Farnsley’s house. We traipsed out into the snow, cut down a ‘real’ Christmas tree made decorations from construction paper - beautiful paper chains, lovely ornaments, all from cheerfully colored paper held together with glue. What fun! (Note: yes, it is true...nearly every one of the gifts you see under that tree are for those two grandboys - but don't blame me for all of them...several are from their Aunt Jen!)

Christmas is a bit different with the air conditioner running - we did have snow on Christmas Eve 2004. It was beautiful! - a gift none of us will ever forget. Hmmm...Some gifts are worth repeating!

No comments: