Friday, July 20, 2007

~ Those Grandboys are Growing Up! ~

I realized my little grandboys were growing up, but that really hit home when they were old enough to go to camp.

AJ, Caden and their mother, Kathy, at camp ->

The oldest grandboy, AJ, will be 10 in just a few short days! They are calling him the "double-digit midget." He is not very big, but is growing like a weed during the rainy season! All their pants are high-waters, and there is no point in purchasing new ones before school begins next month because they would be too small before school even begins!

<-- AJ smiles for the camera and says he is now big enough to mow my front yard!

They are using big words that I don't understand. I can see their little brains working non-stop and the hard drive in those brains is about 80 million GB vs. mine, which is a 1 MB and has to frequently be reformatted!

Caden watches intently and learns as a camp counselor demonstrates the art of baiting a hook --> Looks to me as if he is pondering a better way to handle the worm/hook situation!

What is a Grammy to do? How do I manage to keep them 'little' boys? I suppose there are consolations to the boys growing so quickly; maybe I won't have to mow the yard as much...

No comments: