Friday, July 20, 2007

101 Days of Rain and counting??

Oh my...oh my goodness...oh my goodness gracious...oh my goodness gracious mercy sakes alive! That's how it goes nearly every day at work. Usually the boss starts it by exclaiming, "Oh my..." Then someone else in the office says, "Oh my goodness." Then, "Oh my goodness gracious..." Well, you get the point. We have a great time while we work :)

Oh yeah, back to the reason for the original "Oh my..." Yes, it rained again today. One hundred and one days out of 201. We are officially saturated. In spite of it, I heard lawn mowers choking on the grass late this afternoon, struggling to get through the tall, thick, wet, mosquito-filled masses of grasses.

Seems that about a year ago you may have heard me tell about how hot and dry it was (oh, don't get me wrong - it is still hot). I feared for the life of my cat, Adagio - no, not because it was hot and dry, but because of the huge cracks in the dry powdery earth. I was afraid he would fall into one of those cracks never to be seen again.
<--No, he's not dead; he is just asleep (upside down and twisted around) on the washer.
Adagio is pretty much famous for his laid back personality. He can rest, or sleep, just about anywhere!

No comments: