Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Ramdom Thoughts about Missing the Power

It was around 10:30 last night when I’d just finished reading my vampire book by a handcrank flashlight when I heard excited voices and other noises out in the back yard.

Then the lights flashed and I heard cheering outside. Our power had been off ALL day. The northern blew in at around 9 a.m. yesterday taking out a lot of power lines causing havoc in the schools and at homes all over Corpus Christi. At first it was kind of exciting – pulling out the candles before dark, making sure the flashlights were all loaded with fresh batteries, taking a bath by candlelight! (thanks to our gas water heater) But as time went on and I had to go to bed with wet hair which promised me an exciting hairdo this morning (and yes, it is as bad as I’d anticipated!) I no longer wanted to pretend to be camping!

It is only 46 degrees here this morning! The furnace is not on and do not expect it to come on. In fact the air conditioner will certainly be on later today. Perhaps I should try to do something with this hair before going to the office?

No comments: