Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Newsflash! #1 Grandboy Turns 10!



10 years old - he is TEN YEARS OLD! When did this happen?!

What is a Grammy to do when her oldest Grandboy turns ten? I remember my own Grandmother Farnsley who I loved dearly. (She would have been 100 years old on AJ's 10th birthday!) She had a 'bazillion' grandchildren and even though I was only one of them, she always made me feel like I was the only one. I loved to watch her iron and cook; she whistled while she worked ~ this was great! She hung the wash out on the line and everything smelled so wonderful :) She played the old pump organ and sang; she worked in the garden, canned everything, skimmed the cream off the fresh cow's milk, used beautiful white lard and lots of fluffy white flour when she cooked. She made homemade kraut that was unbeatable straight from the jar...and she made the best mashed potatoes! But, the number one thing I remember about my Grandmother is her hair. She had beautiful long white hair...and I loved it :) So, what is this Grammy going to do now that her #1 Grandboy has turned 10? I have decided to stop coloring my hair.

So, even though I'll never cook like my Grandmother, or make homemade kraut, I can have gray hair...and well earned gray hair at that!

No comments: